- First 5 Network
- Portfolio Careers
- Peer Mentoring
- Mid Career GP Support Offer
- GP Legacy and Welcome Back Scheme
The Black Country and West Birmingham Training Hub is dedicated to making local Primary Care a great place to work, supporting clinicians, practices and the wider system.
Our aim is to provide a Primary Care workforce, now and in the future, that ensures people receive safe, sustainable and high-quality care.
This will require us to be bolder and braver than ever before about how our workforce is shaped and provided. We want our STP to be a great place to work and support individuals to grow into new and exciting roles.
We see workforce transformation as a core element of the change needed within primary care to meet the growing demands.
Our schemes are continuously being improved, with additional schemes being introduced on a regular basis to suit GP’s at all stages of their career.
Please get in touch with us via email or phone to see what opportunities are available to suit you.
Supporting newly qualified GPs and GP trainees transition into General Practice.
The First 5 Network is designed and delivered in collaboration with the RCGP Midland Faculty and encourages peer support, exploration of career opportunities and small group learning opportunities over a series of free events.
Financial incentives will be available until March 2020 for GPs wishing to adopt a portfolio career. GPs who are keen to introduce flexibility into their career may choose to increase their clinical skills to undertake additional specialist work in general practice/hub or another setting i.e. secondary care, mental health, leadership i.e. in a CCG or education.
Each applicant will have access to up to £7,500 (maximum) one off funding for associated costs such as training/educational costs, supervisory costs, etc.
- Are you at risk of burn-out?
- Are you thinking of leaving General Practice?
- Do you need help with making decisions about your personal development?
- Would you like to be supported in managing your career?
- Perhaps you need support with improving a process within your practice?
If so, the Primary Care Workforce team working across the Black Country and West Birmingham have developed a scheme in response to the needs of local GPs. A team of mentors have been appointed to support any GP or GP Trainee across the Black Country and West Birmingham with a range of issues and provide confidential help and support.
FREE Access to the exciting and innovative Phoenix GP programme that:-
- Provides career development pathways through motivation, developing transferable skills & exposure to new opportunities.
- Reduces the risk of burnout and improve GP retention by re-inspiring participants.
- Creates a movement that generates positivity about general practice, re-energises GPs and turns the job back into a career
Are you a GP that is seriously considering retirement, recently retired or left the profession but still feel you want to offer something to General Practice and your patients?
If so, we have the perfect scheme for you!
The Incentivising GP Legacy and Welcome Back Scheme aims to work with a small number of GPs and practices on an individual basis to offer:
- Incentives to practices to offer GPs who are seriously considering retirement or leaving the profession the opportunity for longer appointment times with patients and reducing the burden of paperwork
- Working collaboratively with Training Practices to offer GPs who have recently retired or left the profession an opportunity to return to practice at a pace that suits the GP – and with a wraparound support offer designed with the GP. This may include specialised mentoring, access to training and pensions/financial advice.