The Black Country & West Birmingham GPN Strategy was formally launched in early October 2019.
The aim of the strategy is to define our values for all our nurses, fellow professionals, patients' carers and the public we serve; to make a clear statement that regardless of your discipline or specialism of nursing, your work setting or location across the Black Country & West Birmingham, that delivering high quality, safe and personal care is at the heart of what you do.
The strategy provides a framework for an STP-wide nursing plan through seven domains. Partners within the STP have agreed to:
- Support excellence in care through learning in association with patients, their families and service users.
- Increase focus on quality and continually seek to improve the care provided.
- Encourage the best nurses to join practices within the Black Country & West Birmingham STP footprint and embrace diversity through skilled appointments.
The strategy also includes a suite of companion documents that offer:
- A career progression framework aligned to the HEE career and education framework for GPNs
- A competency framework based on the RCGP GPN framework
- An induction and preceptorship framework based on existing programmes e.g. Capital Nurse
- Guidance around Clinical Supervision for GPNs
- A retention strategy for GPNs